NGINX is looking for an astute Product Manager to define and drive an exciting new initiative to support and grow our ecosystem of partners and users.
The future NGINX marketplace:
NGINX is building out a range of technology to support third-party extensions and applications that interface with NGINX, and a SaaS platform to reach and engage with our open source users.
The goal of the Marketplace Product Manager is to unite these initiatives and to create the products and services that will create a rich and successful ecosystem of users and partners:
- Formulate the strategy and KPIs for NGINX‘s platform ecosystem strategy
- Manage a process to certify and distribute third-party modules and applications that depend on NGINX
- Create a marketplace for commercial modules and services
This is a high-profile role in a successful, rapidly growing and highly regarded open source company, and offers great potential for the right candidate to own and make successful. It is not only strategic, but also a hands-on position where you will be involved in requirements analysis; functional and technical design discussions and delivery; and working closely with our engineering, marketing and business development teams in San Francisco and our core engineering team in Moscow.
- Develop a strategic plan, demonstrating a deep understanding of the needs of our open source and commercial users, and the NGINXecosystem partners.
- Develop the positioning, messaging and value proposition of the NGINXMarketplace for end users, developers and vendors.
- Set out a clear roadmap and champion the delivery of this initiative, with the strong support of the NGINX management team and board.
- Deliver and manage the service: the launch, lifecycle and ongoing roadmap.
- 3 to 5 years in product management; prior experience in software product management, DevOps and internet/web technologies
- An awareness of the motivations and sensibilities of open source users
- Experience in customer care, community relations and/or partner management
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with a demonstrated ability to work with cross-functional teams.
- Ability and willingness to travel.
- Preference will be given to candidates based in the vicinity of Cambridge, UK, or San Francisco, US.
NGINX is an equal opportunity employer. Our culture is built on values: Progress, Excellence, Openness and Curiosity. These values are very important to our company and its continued success. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, veteran status, or any other category protected by law. By fostering a diverse business environment, NGINX welcomes the opportunity to grow and learn from each other, our customers, investors, suppliers and business partners.